World-class cell culture and cell biology products
PromoCell GmbH is a biotech company that helps scientists discover more every day. With 30 years of expertise, they are recognized globally for supplying scientists with the tools and training they need for groundbreaking research.
PromoCell offers human cell culture products, including human primary cells, stem cells, blood cells, media and optimized products for cancer and 3D cell culture. Our products are perfect for in-depth cell culture analysis.
All PromoCell products meet the highest ethical and legal standards. By complying with European biomedical conventions, they respect human rights and donor privacy. And they are committed to quality – in their products, training and customer services.
Each year 600 peer-reviewed publications feature PromoCell products. They operate in over 40 countries around the world, helping scientists with all of their research needs. And they offer over 100 ISO-certified training courses led by a team of in-house scientists at PromoCell Academy.
Bio-Connect Life Sciences supplies all their products in the Benelux. If you have any questions, please contact the helpdesk.
Major product lines from PromoCell
- Cells (primary, cancer, stem, blood)
- Cell medium and culture
- Cell analysis (PromoKine)
Do you need a new source for your cell culture media?
PromoCell produces specialized media that has been formulated and optimized for the growth of the particular cell type. Use this flyer to see which anatomic origin or species is compatible with which PromoCell media.
They also offer a wide array of custom services, in terms of different filling formats or contents. For some of the buffers, solutions and media they can already provide alternatives. Contact us for more information.
Cytokinesis: Mitosis of a Mesenchymal Stem Cell
Explainer video: HLA-Typed Primary Cells
Publications with products by PromoCell
- Mok BWY, Liu H, Deng S, et al. Low dose inocula of SARS-CoV-2 Alpha variant transmits more efficiently than earlier variants in hamsters. Commun Biol. 2021;4(1):1102.
- Good SS, Westover J, Jung KH, et al. At-527, a double prodrug of a guanosine nucleotide analog, is a potent inhibitor of sars-cov-2 in vitro and a promising oral antiviral for treatment of covid-19. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2021;65(4):e02479-20.
- Hoffmann M, Kleine-Weber H, Schroeder S, et al. Sars-cov-2 cell entry depends on ace2 and tmprss2 and is blocked by a clinically proven protease inhibitor. Cell. 2020;181(2):271-280.e8.
- Dalle Carbonare L, Bertacco J, Marchetto G, et al. Methylsulfonylmethane enhances MSC chondrogenic commitment and promotes pre-osteoblasts formation. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2021;12(1):326.
- Kim J, Adachi T. Cell-fate decision of mesenchymal stem cells toward osteocyte differentiation is committed by spheroid culture. Sci Rep. 2021;11(1):13204.
- Peghaire C, Dufton NP, Lang M, et al. The transcription factor ERG regulates a low shear stress-induced anti-thrombotic pathway in the microvasculature. Nat Commun. 2019;10(1):5014.
- Kammertoens T, Friese C, Arina A, et al. Tumour ischaemia by interferon-γ resembles physiological blood vessel regression. Nature. 2017;545(7652):98-102.
- Henry BD, Neill DR, Becker KA, et al. Engineered liposomes sequester bacterial exotoxins and protect from severe invasive infections in mice. Nat Biotechnol. 2015;33(1):81-88.
- Kurian L, Sancho-Martinez I, Nivet E, et al. Conversion of human fibroblasts to angioblast-like progenitor cells. Nat Methods. 2013;10(1):77-83.
- Hahn AS, Kaufmann JK, Wies E, et al. The ephrin receptor tyrosine kinase A2 is a cellular receptor for Kaposi’s sarcoma–associated herpesvirus. Nat Med. 2012;18(6):961-966.